Hospital Performance Report 1998 - Hospital Name Changes and/or Mergers and Exclusions
- Forbes Regional Hospital's name changed to Allegheny University Hospitals, Forbes Regional in 1998.
- Good Samaritan Medical Center/Johnstown merged into Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in 1998.
- Horizon Hospital System, Inc.'s name changed to UPMC, Horizon in 1998.
- Lee Hospital's name changed to UPMC, Lee Regional Hospital in 1998.
- Magee-Womens Hospital's name changed to Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System in 1999.
- McKeesport Hospital's name changed to UPMC, McKeesport in 1998.
- Memorial Hospital of Bedford County's name changed to UPMC, Bedford in 1998.
- Saint Marys Regional Medical Center and Elk County Regional Medical Center merged into Elk Regional Health Center, Inc. in 1999.
- Windber Hospital and Wheeling Clinic's name changed to Windber Medical Center in 1998.
Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Community General Osteopathic Hospital merged into Pinnacle Health Hospitals in 1998.
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center's name changed to Penn State Geisinger Wyoming Valley in 1999.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, Bucks County Division name changed to Warminster Hospital in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, City Avenue name changed to City Avenue Hospital in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, Elkins Park Division name changed to Elkins Park Hospital in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, Graduate name changed to Graduate Hospital in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, Hahnemann Division name changed to Hahnemann University Hospital in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, MCP Division name changed to Medical College of PA in 1998.
- Allegheny University Hospitals, Parkview name changed to Parkview Hospital in 1998.
- Delaware Valley Medical Center merged into Frankford Hospital of the City of Philadelphia and is known as Frankford Hospital - Bucks County Campus.
- MCMC Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia name changed to Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia in 1998.
- Neumann Medical Center merged into the Temple University Health System in 1998 and is known as Temple East.
- Northeastern Hospital merged into Temple East in 1998.
- Suburban General Hospital/Norrristown's name changed to Mercy Suburban Hospital in 1999.