How To Submit A Data Request
It’s easy to request the data you need from PHC4. The steps below will walk you through the process of submitting a data request.
Steps to Submitting a Data Request
- Review the available data, data descriptions, time periods, and file layouts under Data Available. You can find data fees under Data Price Structure.
- Determine the nature of your request:
- Inpatient and/or ambulatory/outpatient procedure and/or financial data
- Standard or custom data
- Dataset (record-level) or report (aggregated groupings)
- Time period
- Determine your client classification. We have several client classifications for the purpose of purchasing data:
- Commercial– any corporation, coalition, association, organization, or individual that requests to resell or redistribute any of PHC4’s data or the resultant analysis from the data for a profit. This can include using the data in software products or in analysis for profitable consultation with clients. Examples of commercial clients include software vendors and health care and business consultants.
- Non-Commercial– any corporation, coalition, association, organization, or individual that requests data to use internally for their own purposes and analysis. This can include, but is not limited to, hospitals and other health care providers, purchasers, insurers, and consumers.
- Researcher– any university-based researcher who requests PHC4 data for the benefit of the health care system.
- Government– any Pennsylvania state agency that requests data to use for government-related purposes.
- Government Multi-use– any government agency, other than a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania state agency, that requests data for multiple research-related purposes, including limited and restricted redistribution or reselling of data samples or in aggregate.
- Download and complete the applicable PHC4 Data Requests Application:
- Return the completed application by email or mail.Email: [email protected]Address:
Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council
225 Market Street, Suite 400
Harrisburg, PA 17101
- PHC4 staff will review the request to determine if the data file can be prepared according to your specifications. If necessary, PHC4 will contact you and attempt to satisfy your request based on the availability of the data. Your request must then be approved by the Executive Director, and in some cases, the Council.
- A PHC4 analyst will produce the data file once it has been approved.
- A cost quote will be provided to you and followed up with an invoice. Please wait until the invoice is received before sending payment.
- Completed data requests files will be shipped to you after PHC4 receives full payment.